Why I Love New Hampshire

This is a scarlet maple tree in my front yard. And before any of you car enthusiasts/purists mention it; yes, I am aware that my 1968 Impala has a 1969 Biscayne rear bumper. Trust me, this will be rectified come spring.

1. Lisa (Woman Wielding Words)

That picture just made my heart hurt in a good way. I love fall, especially in New England. We just drove a giant leaf peeping loop yesterday, although we didn’t get far enough North to see the true peak. We went west in Mass, up to Vermont, cut across New Hampshire, back down to Mass. It was wonderful.

October 11, 2011 at 10:36 am

• My camera phone doesn’t do the vibrant red color justice.

October 11, 2011 at 11:07 am

• I’m in southern NH, about ten minutes from the Mass border so we’re not quite there yet either. We’re due for rain tomorrow, so I figured this was probably my last shot for a pic.

October 11, 2011 at 1:07 pm

2. Yeah,I was going to mention that the car looked a little, well, odd but, you know I’m nice and all… Good God! The only thing I see in that picture is the pretty red tree!

October 11, 2011 at 10:42 am

• Someone who knows how much the mismatched bumpers bother me bet money that I wouldn’t mention it. Now that someone’s out five bucks.

October 11, 2011 at 10:54 am

3. cassiebehle

Beautiful!

October 11, 2011 at 10:54 am

4. TheIdiotSpeaketh

I envy you! That is beautiful!

October 11, 2011 at 11:18 am

• Thanks! I’ll be sure to watch for when you bike through southern New Hampshire.

October 11, 2011 at 1:06 pm

5. Pssst….this happens in Jersey too.

October 11, 2011 at 11:27 am

• So I hear. Let some of the leaf peepers from NY know will ya? Too much traffic around here lately.

October 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm

6. We got a Dogwood in our front yard. I like anything with the word “dog” in it.
    Les

October 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm

• Really? Do you know where tequila trees grow? I could use one right about now.

October 11, 2011 at 1:05 pm

7. Can I come live in a box in your yard?

October 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm

• Oh no, sister. You can stay in my bubble gum pink room and share my Victoria’s Secret stuff. On second thought, you better bring your own. I’m only a double D.

October 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm

• OOH! You have a PINK room?! That would make me soooo happy every day if I had a pink room! You must be so thrilled! When I come over we can sit in your awesome car and jam out to ACDC while wearing ruffly prom dresses! ;)

October 11, 2011 at 1:10 pm

• I looooove my pink room! And I still have all my prom dresses so we’ll have our own prom!

October 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm

8. That tree is pretty! Plus I love your car.

October 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm

• Thanks! When I wrote about River’s Chevy I wrote about this car.

October 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm

9. I have never been in New Engand during the fall. But the midwest is not too shabby, either.

October 11, 2011 at 1:24 pm

10. I am jealous that you have seasons!

October 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm

11. That photo narrows it down enough. I know where you live.

Awesome car!

As for the tree, as a former Californian, every fall I am reminded of what a fucktard I was having grown up somewhere with two seasons only. Fall is my new favorite season. We’re turning gold and orange here in Kansas too. Every now and then there’s a glowing red one like yours that almost makes me wreck my Blazer.

October 11, 2011 at 1:49 pm

12. We had joy we had fun .. I love Autumn.. that tree is gorgeous. As a kid I used to pick up Oak tree leaves by the dozen and take them home to show my poor long suffering Mother. They’d dehydrated and crumple and make DUST in her house, I am sure it did her head in but she always smiled when I rocked up with “another pretty one look Mummy” ;)

October 11, 2011 at 1:56 pm

13. No color explosion in fall where I live, it is still very green, sunny and warm here. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture.

October 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm

14. savorthefolly

very beautiful and I hate you now. we’re in the middle of a terrible drought and are at risk of losing mature trees. if the trees here are turning color its because they’re dying… :(

just wanted to send a little sunshine your way! :D

October 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm

15. That tree is beautiful….I should probably show my mum this, she has this weird thing about trees!

October 11, 2011 at 5:09 pm

16. Jonathan Borden

Great photo, though I know nothing about cars–so you certainly schooled me! The tree is lovely.

October 11, 2011 at 6:44 pm

17. I saw two cars down there somewhere, and a brilliant red tree. I sensed something was wrong immediately. Then you said that about the bumper and it hit me – my shirt was on inside out.

October 11, 2011 at 10:14 pm

18. Imogen Shepard

Is that where you live H.E, ahhh it’s really nice. That’s just warmed my heart seeing that. I got one of those (though no way as big) on my block of flats pathway. It was a maroon red last time I noticed so I’ll keep my eye out when it gets light.

I have noooo idea what an Impala is (sorry). Is it the grey one or the black one?

October 11, 2011 at 10:19 pm