SPaM Free Monday

The combination of a late week Nor’easter, birthday festivities and a minor brush with carbon monoxide poisoning has left me little time to complete…well, much of anything this week. So I have decided to lay low today and leave you with the number one songs the day I was born in the US, the UK and Australia. Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday!

NUMBER ONE SONG IN THE U.S.

NUMBER ONE SONG IN THE U.K.

NUMBER ONE SONG IN AUSTRALIA

1. Happy Birthday HE !! :D
    ….now ,since we all know that you’re actually a dude while pretending to not actually being one, Will I get shot with an airgun where it hurts if I ask age related questions ? :O
    …just the one actually ?

January 16, 2012 at 2:10 am

• I suppose I could tell you my age, but that would rob you of the joy of research you college boys love so much. My three clues above should give you a good head start. :)

January 16, 2012 at 8:03 am

• Unless google is wrong it’s time to edit your ‘about me’ page . Also ,the videos weren’t loading on my phone before but I have to tell you ,that first song ,I listen to it all the time! …..had no idea it topped the charts ,or that it was that old :P .

January 16, 2012 at 9:01 am

• Damn…I forgot all about the About Me page. Crap. I’m heading that way now. Glad you liked the song. Apparently it takes *&%$@ years for pop music to reach India from America. This does not bode well for the package I sent you last week. You may have to have your grandchildren pick it up. :)

January 16, 2012 at 9:05 am

• :P jyuss ! In a little over 4 weeks ,I’ll be half your age ! Just hit me ,that .
            Also ,music reaches here just fine ,it’s just that I listen to a lot of everything except metal and hip hop ….and rap . Big fan of anything from before I was born ,eagle eye cherry for instance .

January 16, 2012 at 10:03 am

• God I’m old.

January 16, 2012 at 11:58 am

• ….. I was going for awesome but, I suppose if you have to label … ;)

January 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm

2. Your email woke me up! ahaha but it was a good thing because I needed to get up and my mother keeps feeding be spam lately, I do not know what has gotten into her. Oh and nice songs!

January 16, 2012 at 3:18 am

• SPAM?? Really?? Yikes. Ask her to make you some mushy peas (I cannot wait to try those).

January 16, 2012 at 8:05 am

3. Bit embarrassed about my fellow brits there…. Happy birthday!

January 16, 2012 at 4:16 am

• Thanks! What astounds me is how the three most popular songs the day I was born were all about peace and love, yet somehow I turned out to be a total raging metal head.

There’s a college sociology paper in here somewhere.

January 16, 2012 at 8:08 am

• Mer

Happy Birthday! All that suppressed rage has to go somewhere, I guess. “The Effects of Early Exposure to Saccharin-Sweet Music and its Subsequent Yearning for Head-Banging.”

I believe I was born during the height of disco, but escaped with decent hits. US-Three Times a Lady by the Commodores; UK-You’re the One that I Want by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John; AUS-Rivers of Babylon by Boney M.

January 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

• Wow…talking about running the gamut of music. So, what degree of schizophrenia do you suffer from as a result?

January 16, 2012 at 12:00 pm

4. Holy guacamole! You’re a year younger than my boy toy! I still know all the words to American Pie. Hope you had a wonderful start to your birthday week – I think birthdays should be celebrated all week.

January 16, 2012 at 8:02 am

• My last boy toy was four years younger than me so I’d say we still have a lot in common. I think I’m going to switch things up and try out older guys for a while (look away, HR). I agree with celebrating all week. I’m going to make my kids read your comment!

January 16, 2012 at 8:11 am

5. Saw Don Mclean a couple of years ago, always liked that song, John Lennon was (is?) my musical hero, The Coke commercial, meh!. Happy Birthday.

January 16, 2012 at 8:52 am

6. I remember these being hits like it was yesterday. Unfortunately, I can’t remember yesterday.

Happy birthday!

January 16, 2012 at 8:58 am

• As I get older I find I have the same problem. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

January 16, 2012 at 9:00 am

7. Wow. The number one song when I was born was a Gregorian chant, and the U.S. and Australia hadn’t been colonized yet.

January 16, 2012 at 9:56 am

8. Happy Birthday, my future wife!
    If it makes you feel any better, the year I was born, the second Star Wars movie came out…

January 16, 2012 at 10:26 am

• SWEET!! I get a hot younger wife! Suck on that, HR!!

January 16, 2012 at 10:50 am

9. Don McLean has been known to accidentally use the lyrics from Weird Al’s parody of American Pie while on stage.
    And thanks, looked up the number one stats for these songs and now I feel even older…

Have a great bday week, HE

January 16, 2012 at 11:23 am

• Oddly enough I feel older too. I will enjoy my week by listening to lots of classic rock and writing lots of Book Two.

January 16, 2012 at 11:25 am

• Book two! A present for all of us!

January 16, 2012 at 2:56 pm

10. Jonathan Borden

Happy birthday, friend!

January 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm

• Thanks! It’s gonna be a good year for us both. :)

January 16, 2012 at 4:30 pm

11. Pingback: Topping The Charts | sandylikeabeach

12. Happy Birthday! I don’t think John Lennon ever imagined a you in the world!

January 16, 2012 at 6:12 pm

• I believe you are correct. He’d have had to look down.

January 16, 2012 at 6:14 pm

13. These were released before I was born, BUT I was alive when Vincent died.

January 16, 2012 at 7:39 pm

• YOU ARE SUCH AN ASS!!!!

January 16, 2012 at 7:40 pm

• In a breathy voice I say “Happy birthday, Ms. Ellis. Happy birthday to you.”
        I would ask how old you are, but I know you stole my spoon.

January 16, 2012 at 7:44 pm

14. kat

Happy Belated Birthday!

January 17, 2012 at 11:59 am

15. On January 18th, Wikipedia and Reddit go black. As people take to the streets to protest unfair piracy legislation, to the tune of Don McLean’s ‘American Pie’ they’ll be singing:
    ”Why, why are laws a thing you can buy? / They got paid off, should be laid off, re-election denied / Our web means more than lawyers, lobbies and lies / So speak up before the internet dies / Speak up before the internet dies”.

January 18, 2012 at 2:20 am