Happy Birthday Tim Curry!!!

TODAY IS THE BIRTHDAY OF MY MOST FAVORITE ACTOR OF ALL TIME….TIM CURRY!!!!

I remember the first time I saw Tim Curry on the big screen. It was in a now defunct movie theater in Windsor, Connecticut with my best friend (yes, Quinn I’m talking about you) who dragged me kicking and screaming to see the movie ANNIE. I remember everyone HATING the character of Rooster but I was absolutely smitten. I loved his voice, the way he moved, his eyes, EVERYTHING about him.

It was just a few years later that I was dragged to another movie theater (yes, Quinn this was you again) in nothing but my bra and panties to see Tim Curry in the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. Let me digress for a moment here…

Have you ever had an experience as a kid that forever changed your life? That molded and shaped how you saw the world and yourself in it for years to come? Yes, that was what Tim Curry’s FRANK-N-FURTER character did for me. Since then I’ve made a point to either see or hear everything he’s ever done in his career (even Pennywise the clown. That’s how deep my love goes).

Now, I’m not one to go all gushy when meeting celebrities (my life spent as a somewhat groupie kept my Starstruck meter in check) but if I were to meet Tim Curry in the flesh I’d fucking cum in colors, I shit you not (suck on that sentence, Freshly Pressed). So here’s to you, Tim Curry, for another glorious year with you in it!

1. I agree…He’s fucking awesome!!! AND I’m shocked you posted the clown pic…how very brave of you.

April 19, 2012 at 11:23 am

• The whole time I wrote my post I kept reminding myself, “It’s only Tim, it’s only Tim, it’s only Tim.” I’ll admit that as much as I love Tim, I don’t want a Pennywise doll added to the sadistic clown collection my family has diabolically created for me, and from what I understand intend to bury with me someday.

April 19, 2012 at 11:25 am

• Romi

In that case, if you don’t wish to be buried with the diabolical, it behooves you to outlive everyone.
        Tim Curry, who’s just about my age, is one of the most underrated actors/singers but, as I understand it, he has many irons in the fire. I’ve admired his talent and his voice, singing or speaking. It is seductive, charming and he’s blessed with perfect diction.

April 19, 2012 at 1:47 pm

• His diction is perfect. I like to joke that my inner voice sounds like Tim Curry. I think that’s why whenever I write in the third person it always reads British. There could be worse inner voices I suppose. I mean, I could be a fan of Bobcat Goldthwait’s.

April 19, 2012 at 1:57 pm

2. I love your descriptive sentence to fly in the face of FP! Happy Birthday Tim Curry.

April 19, 2012 at 11:35 am

• Yes, my Oppositional Defiance Disorder gets me nowhere.

April 19, 2012 at 11:43 am

3. savorthefolly

I loved everything about this post. :)

April 19, 2012 at 12:02 pm

• It’s Tim Curry! What’s not to love?

April 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm

4. Rocky Horror was my first introduction to him. Imagine my surprise at finding him in “straight” roles after that, like the propaganda guy in Hunt For Red October.

April 19, 2012 at 12:18 pm

• That was an awesome role, but not quite as disturbing as all those Muppet movies he made.

April 19, 2012 at 1:37 pm

5. I got to see Tim Curry in Spamalot on Broadway in 2005! He rocked that role, too, but I always think of him as Dr. Frank N Furter. Happy Birthday, Tim!

April 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm

• SPAMALOT?????? WHY AM I NOT HANGING OUT WITH YOU?????

Oh, that’s right. I have no life.

April 19, 2012 at 1:38 pm

6. I am not 100% sure, but I think he has been in every movie ever made hasn’t he. Mr Curry has never been short of work in his career.

April 19, 2012 at 7:51 pm

• If not him, at least his voice. Half the cartoons my kids watched growing up had Tim Curry as the voice of something.

April 19, 2012 at 8:25 pm

• That is very true now that I think about it.

April 19, 2012 at 8:46 pm

7. Wait – you went to Rocky Horror in your bra and panties?
    Where did you hide all the things you need to throw at the screen?
    Like TP? Curious minds want to know(like mine).

April 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm

8. The only thing I’ve come to trust is an orgasmic rush of lust

April 19, 2012 at 10:08 pm

• savorthefolly

*nodding* *nodding emphatically* yes, it’s primal. it feels primal. mated.

April 19, 2012 at 10:23 pm

• Rose tints my world and keeps me safe from the trouble and pain.

April 20, 2012 at 5:33 am

9. Love that guy too. If I were gay I’d be all over that. Now let’s get back to the part where you were in your bra and underwear…

April 20, 2012 at 1:31 am

• Toucha Toucha Toucha Touch me. I want to feel dirty….

Yeah, I was Janet.

April 20, 2012 at 5:34 am

10. Oh my god!!!!!! You posted him as that devil dude from that one movie that he was totally hot in! But you forgot the Three Muskateers. He’s wonderfully disgusting in that.

April 20, 2012 at 9:07 am

• Cardinal Richelieu was a total lech but I’d still do him.

April 20, 2012 at 9:58 am

11. Once you see him in “Rocky Horror” it isn’t hard to fathom that his brother was the Ultimate Queen, Freddie Mercury.

April 25, 2012 at 12:02 am