Y? Because We Like You!

Today is the darling of blogworld Sandylikeabeach’s birthday; so I’ve decided to dedicate this post to her by waxing poetic using the last letter of her name, the letter Y.

Oh Sandy, how do we love thee? Let us count the ways…

Uh…yeah.

Have you ever tried to write anything using the letter Y? No? Well there’s a reason for that. After many fruitless hours of finger-fucking the Y key into submission attempting to come up with something pithy to say, I finally gave up and decided to give my pal Sandy a gift that is far more practical. For your birthday I give you…

THE MOST KICK ASS BLOG POST OF SCRABBLE WORD WINNERS EVER!

That’s write er, right Sandy! I’ve compiled a list of the most obscure words ever to use the letter Y, guaranteed to impress naked writing partners or random animals everywhere! We start the list with:

YAKIMA: An American city southeast of Mount Rainier National Park and the county seat of Yakima County, Washington.

Not only is this word fun to say, but you can convince some of your dumber friends that it means something entirely different, like traditional Mongolian fare or the stuff that comes up after someone sticks a finger down their throat.

***

YANKEE: Ask someone from Florida what a Yankee is and they will tell you it refers to people originating in the northeastern US, or more narrowly, New England.

Ask any New Englander what a Yankee is and they will describe an athlete of questionable parentage.

***

YGGDRASIL: An immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, on which the nine worlds existed.

Keep a dictionary handy when playing scrabble with some of your blonder friends, as you may have to argue that this word does not indeed define what a gynecologist often prescribes.

***

SYZYGY: A straight line configuration of three or more celestial bodies.

The Scrabble word to beat all Scrabble words, syzygy is guaranteed to take home the win. Prepare to be worshiped, for you are now a Goddess.

***

SANDY: A woman of extraordinary talent and unlimited creativity who brings joy and happiness to any life she touches. See: Sunshine.

***

FOR ALL THE WAYS THAT SANDY IS AWESOME, GO BACK AND START FROM THE BEGINNING:

El Guapo – S

KayJai – A

Trask Avenue – N

Edward Hotspur – D

TO WISH SANDY A HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLICK THE CAKE!

Now take it away, Danny Zuko!

1. Happy Birthday to Sandy and Hehehe Yankee ;)

July 12, 2012 at 3:34 am

2. Dang …. my 5th party …. fortunately I found a ride to get here …. but where’s my car? Damn you Sandy …. oh … Happy Birthday.

July 12, 2012 at 5:00 am

3. Pingback: to the Nth degree « Trask Avenue

4. You did get the tough letter of the alphabet! I could only come up with yellow, youngish, yodeler, yogurtress (which I believe means a female consumer of yogurt but I may have made up that word), and youthful (which is redundant if we already have youngish) but as a Scrabble player, I love your word choices! Thanks so much, my sista! You and your four co-conspirators have truly blown me away this morning.

July 12, 2012 at 8:24 am

5. YES!!!!
    (Yup, yeah, Y is hard.)
    Happy birthday Sandy!

July 12, 2012 at 10:55 am

• Here’s one: Yarmulka

Another all around awesome word for ya’ Sandy! You are soooo gonna get tired of me by the end of the day.

July 12, 2012 at 11:23 am

• Thanks, Guap!

July 13, 2012 at 1:21 am

6. Syzygy doesn’t start with y, but it is yz. Yo-yos go up and down and around the world. Yetis are rare and cool. Ya-yas are something that needs to be gotten out.

I am sleepy, apathetic, nappy, debilitated and yearning.

July 12, 2012 at 12:02 pm

• Show off.

July 12, 2012 at 12:04 pm

• That being the case, you would get a totally different tone of birthday posts.

July 12, 2012 at 12:29 pm

• I challenge Mr. Hotspur to write a blog post that mentions at least five bands to have existed within the last fifty years that begin with the letter Y. It cannot include YES or the YARDBIRDS.

Something tells me I am going to be sorry…

July 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm

• You are going to be sorry. I just googled bands that start with the letter Y and there are a gajillion of them and some of them have even put out albums that I’ve never heard of. (I may have been exaggerating with the gajillion estimate, but there were lots of Y names.)

July 13, 2012 at 1:25 am

• Crap! Quick! Let’s break into Google and change all their info!!! Nothing’s worse than Hotspur when he’s right!!!!

July 13, 2012 at 11:50 am

7. Pingback: Sublimely Amazing Noise Dances Yonder Or How Springsteen Wrote A Song About Me (Sort Of) | sandylikebeach