F*ck Me – It’s NaNoWriMo Time Again

I know I’m four days behind in this post, but better late than never as someone much more clever than I once said.

For those of you who may not know, NaNoWriMo stands for NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH which basically describes an online community of writers gathered together to practice their craft. You can create a page similar in style to Facebook where you connect with others and draw support from the world of writers.

Anyway, it’s NaNoWriMo time again, and I of course have signed up to fail. The good news here is that I have my second novella, REAPERS WITH FANGS to finish, so I am determined to be successful this year. Who wants to be my buddy and crash and burn succeed with me? I promise it will be a glorious disaster success!

H.E. ELLIS @ NaNoWriMo

If you’ve already joined up, leave a link to your NaNoWriMo page in the comments. For blog posts penned by folks far more dedicated to their craft than I, please visit:

TOM ELIAS

JOE HINOSA

VERY NORMAL

JENNIFER VAUGHN

SIPS OF JEN AND TONIC

OUT WHERE THE BUSES DON’T RUN

1. Give ‘em hell, Hellis!
    Can’t wait to read what you come up with.

November 4, 2012 at 11:08 am

• You and me both, Guap. Most people don’t know that I make everything I write up as I go. Not sure that’s the best strategy, but I’m always surprised when I am finished.

November 4, 2012 at 11:18 am

2. Don’t call me dedicated just yet!! ahaha

November 4, 2012 at 11:18 am

3. Best of luck! It’s a hard task, but I’m sure it will be well worth it in the end. Plus having the drive to do it is really great :)

November 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

4. I will admit, I’m not brave enough to do the actual Nanowrimo, just my own version it. Writing a post everyday is still hard for me though so I’ll give myself some credit ;)

November 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

• You should. Writing blog posts are plenty hard enough. In fact, we should have BlogoWriMo or something.

November 5, 2012 at 3:39 am

5. Tom Elias, Writer

You’ll do fine, H.E. It just requires the right kind of inspiration, I’ve found… like a muse.

November 4, 2012 at 8:41 pm

• A muse, huh? I gotta get me one of those.

November 5, 2012 at 3:39 am

6. I want to do this. I can write. I just can’t use this stupid magic box. Tell me what to do and I will do it. I just wanna be your word ho…

November 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm

• Ha!

All you have to do is click on the NaNoWriMo link above and then fill out the info. Then where it says WRITING BUDDIES you can type my name or you can come back here and click the link with my name. Either way, it’ll be fun!

I hope.

November 5, 2012 at 3:42 am

7. I’d love to sign up as your writing slave…ah, buddy, but I fear I’d only bring olive oil to a slippery slope. BTW, do you Know what a dead-blow hammer is? If so, I’m mechanically impressed….again!

November 5, 2012 at 2:12 am

8. I should know what a dead blow hammer is since I own three of them. One of them is safety orange and nearly as tall as I am. Anyone who’s had to change drum brakes on a ’68 Impala owns one. Mostly I use mine to free up my axe when it gets itself stuck in a chunk of wood I’m trying to split. I use the hammer to drive the axe and finish the job.

As much as I love my hammer and axe, I’d give my right arm for a piston-driven log splitter.

November 5, 2012 at 3:47 am

• Tom Elias, Writer

Why didn’t you say something? I can trailer mine out one of these weekends. ;)

November 5, 2012 at 1:23 pm

• I bet you could….;)

November 5, 2012 at 5:14 pm

• Tom Elias, Writer

Say when…

November 5, 2012 at 10:19 pm

9. Good on you Hellis for even attempting this! Is it OK for me to use the name Hotspur uses, he used it in an answer to me.

November 5, 2012 at 4:05 am

• Of course you can call me Hellis! I happen to love that nickname. Mostly because it means I can refer to my three children as Hellispawn. Trust me, it’s fitting. :)

November 5, 2012 at 4:08 am

10. NaNoWriMo and me, we have an understanding, you see. She goes her way, I go mine, and we leave each other the hell alone. ;)

November 5, 2012 at 8:51 am

• I understand completely. I feel the same way about oxford commas.

November 5, 2012 at 5:16 pm

11. I wouldn’t call myself dedicated to the craft. More like obsessed. And not in a good way.

Thanks for the pingback!

November 6, 2012 at 12:50 pm

• Anytime! I am of the opinion that any obsession that doesn’t end in a restraining order is an okay thing.

I am not at all speaking from experience here, by the way.

November 6, 2012 at 5:19 pm

• When you have replied after 7 years, how do you eepxct the reply immediately.Be Patient. Just wait for 7 more years to receive the reply.I use it every day.

October 6, 2013 at 1:21 am