NaNoWriMo Versus The Queen Of Self-Distraction

This time last year I put up a post entitled Why No NaNoWriMo which chronicled my need for self-distraction whenever I sit down to write. How I accomplish writing a blog at all I’ll never know. Needless to say, this year has been no different and I’ve yet to finish the second novella in my REAPERS WITH ISSUES series. What’s got me blocked this year is:

The Oakland Raiders – Walking Dead – Firefly’s 10th anniversary re-release – Coconut Rum – my promotion – Tom Elias – raising a daughter as stubborn as me – learning to love Scifi – wristsaroundtheworld – Junior’s shenanigans – Frank Stallone’s faulty brakes – Prince Charming’s charm – and this little ditty right here:

1. I follow, except can I have someone charming distracting me, it’s a little less… stupid then what’s hold me back at the moment.

November 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm

• Yes, you can have him. He has a whole different charm when it comes to me, of course. :)

November 17, 2012 at 5:23 pm

• I don’t think my boyfriend would appreciate me calling for a charming american ahaha. And I am sure it’s split between the both of you :P

November 17, 2012 at 5:24 pm

2. I hear ya. My distractions include horror movies and family. Keep at it though.

November 17, 2012 at 5:32 pm

• Most of my family is a horror story (I live with teenaged sons who’s greatest joy in life is scaring the crap out of me). It’s probably why I write the stories I do. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

November 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm

3. I find just as many distractions and I don’t work, have no family, no pet and live alone. The more free time the more space to fill with distractions. Turn the writing into a distraction and you’ll finish it.

November 17, 2012 at 6:55 pm

• That is a smart perspective. You’re right. I think if I make writing my escape instead of another one of my chores I’ll be more productive.

November 17, 2012 at 7:42 pm

4. Is the Romanian Princess a middle child, like Megan?

November 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm

• No, she’s the baby. She looks just like me but is every bit the Nightmare her father is. I say that with a mother’s love, of course.

November 17, 2012 at 7:44 pm

• Independent Panel’s Review of Australian Sport has stimulated ermoonus discussion. Yesterday I linked to the publication of the report. This post looks at some of the responses in the last twenty-four

October 5, 2013 at 10:13 am

5. I too am blocked… I blame dietary fiber… or is that fibre?

November 19, 2012 at 6:48 pm

• Hmm…where do you go to learn about literary fibre? A Fibrary?

Ba dum bum.

November 22, 2012 at 5:31 am

• That is funny. Keep moving your vowels so you don’t become consonated.

November 22, 2012 at 10:43 am

6. Pingback: Falling at the last hurdle. « Megan Stephenson

7. When I was little, my uncle and his buddy would let me lisetn to all those early Mothers records on Verve. I remember that , his send up of California Pachuco culture.Some of his and Beefheart’s stuff is crap, and some of it is pure genius. When I’ve discussed what I thought was authentically Californian music, and the solo have always come to mind.

October 6, 2013 at 2:13 am