The sub-moronic ramblings of a semi-functioning illiterate

Three Minutes in Heaven

For anyone who’s interested NPR’s flash fiction challenge has come back around. Even if flash fiction isn’t your thing I’m going to strongly suggest you visit their website and Facebook page. The best thing about the challenge are all the comments the readers make as they voice their opinions on the veracity of the finalists. Most of them are insightful, some of them are just plain nuts. If you are a writer in need of a mental boost go check out the comments (and the actual stories, of course).

NPR THREE-MINUTE FICTION ROUND SEVEN (WEBSITE)

NPR THREE-MINUTE FICTION ROUND SEVEN (FACEBOOK PAGE)

Advertisements

1. It’s a really intersting challange. I’ve never heard of it before but I might keep an eye on it.

September 10, 2011 at 5:32 am

2. Imogen Shepard

Nice one H.E. I’ve never been a ‘serious’ writer doing my 15 minute stories but this sounds like a cool idea. I’m listening to the station now. I’ve read the competition and even though my writing sucks I’m going to give it a go.

September 10, 2011 at 7:39 am

• I don’t think your writing sucks at all. You have a perspective that not many people see and I know I’d be interested in reading what you have to write.

September 11, 2011 at 7:53 am

• Imogen Shepard

This comment really does mean a lot. I couldn’t reply earlier as I was quite speechless,it’s a great comment to hear H.E. And btw I had a read on Amazon of your book-if I would of had a Kindle I’d of bought it-It’s good stuff and I well and truly mean that. I love all that ‘rawness’, for me it’s refreshing. It makes me want to keep reading as I’m dying to know what happens to his knee and read the rest of your writing. xx

September 12, 2011 at 1:58 pm

3. I entered. Story had to have a character leaving and a character arriving in town. I edited Omnipotus Ascendent down a bit (from 735 – it had to be 600 words or less) and submitted it.

September 10, 2011 at 6:58 pm

• I hope they post it as a finalist. Every few days they post a new one and I go almost insane waiting for it to happen. I hope you deal with the pressure better than I do!

September 11, 2011 at 7:55 am

4. They don’t post round 7 stuff til after the deadline, do they?

September 12, 2011 at 1:43 pm

• If I remember correctly they do post entries to the contest before the deadline. They don’t say whether or not those particular posts are finalists, though. They make you sweat it!

September 12, 2011 at 2:38 pm

5. I can’t see where they’ve posted anything from Round 7 so far. It’s okay, I can wait.

September 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm

6. Imogen Shepard

I have entered the competition. I wrote the story last night. @Edward; no I haven’t seen any Round 7 stories up either. The comp just opened on the 10th so maybe it’s too early still? will keep checking back.

September 13, 2011 at 11:26 pm

• I’m so excited to see how it goes! The best part of 3 minute fiction is the commentary. You get to meet some really interesting people from all over. What’s even better are the loonies!

September 14, 2011 at 2:36 pm